ALL YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT TEETH WHITENING.
We all want to have white teeth, but then with age is the yellowing of teeth. However, there are strategies or rather say, tips that can help us in maintaining our white teeth. These tips also help turn our yellowed teeth back to white. But then the question is, with age, our teeth’s white color discolors to yellow, why?
REASONS WHY THE TEETH DISCOLOR.
Now, below are two main reasons which cause our teeth to change their color.
- Stains- They are a main cause to why our teeth discolor. There are some foods that we consume like coffee, that leave our teeth discolored. These also weaken our enamel thus catalyzing the yellow color. Smoking also stains our teeth, some antibiotics also do so.
- Enamel thinning- The teeth are protected by an outer layer called the enamel. When the enamel thins, the teeth become yellow. Some acidic foods and gum disease also wear down the enamel, thus turning the teeth yellow.
HOW TO WHITEN TEETH.
The following are teeth whitening remedies. It is however preferred that you visit a dentist when you experience a change of color in your teeth.
- Banana peel- Recycling banana peels works for some people. What you have to do is get the banana peel after eating the banana and rub it on your teeth for a few seconds. When done, you can throw away your banana peel and then rinse your mouth. These should be done regularly.
- Malic acid- Pears, straw berries and apples are among the fruits that contain malic acid. Malic acid helps in whitening the teeth and so, you need to consume these fruits regularly.
- Hydrogen peroxide- Hydrogen peroxide is meant for bleaching the stained tooth back to white. It contains bleaching properties, though it is not highly recommended especially for people with sensitive teeth. To whiten the teeth, you are supposed to brush your teeth with a mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide, at least twice a month.
- Baking soda- Brushing the teeth using baking soda is an old remedy but, this doesn’t mean that it doesn’t work. It works; you can either choose to brush the teeth with baking soda alone or mix it with some salt.
- Oral hygiene- Hygiene should be the number one remedy of how to whiten your teeth. You need to keep your teeth clean, this is by:
- Removing plague between the teeth by flossing.
- Brushing the teeth after meals and also before sleeping.
- Brushing the teeth with toothpaste which has the properties that fight tooth decay.
DON’T’S IN TEETH WHITENING.
As much as you want to whiten your stained teeth, the following methods should be avoided because they can harm your teeth:
- Use of apple cider vinegar.
- Activated charcoal.
- Lemon and
SIDE EFFECTS OF TEETH WHITENING.
Its side effects are:
- Irritated gums- The gums may be irritated when they get in contact with the teeth whitening product.
- Teeth sensitivity- These happens especially in the first times of teeth whitening.