HOW TO RELIEVE A TOOTHACHE WHILE AT HOME.
You experience a toothache when you feel pain in the tooth or around it. Its main cause is interference of the nerve in the tooth root. Toothaches are dental complains that can occur anytime and can be caused by many reasons.
CAUSES OF A TOOTHACHE.
A toothache is probably caused by any of the following reasons:
- Fracture in the tooth.
- Tooth decay.
- Drainage from sinus infection.
- Dental abscess or a tooth with pus.
- Gingivitis- it is a gum disease.
- A damaged filling.
- Grinding teeth and,
- A broken tooth.
SYMPTOMS OF A TOOTHACHE.
Symptoms of a toothache include:
- Swelling around the tooth.
- Bleeding around the tooth.
- Pain in the tooth when chewing.
- Sharp pain when sensing hot or cold foods.
REMEDIES OF A TOOTHACHE.
Now, what is the first thing that you usually do when you have a toothache? Below, I will look at some of the remedies that you should carry out when your tooth aches. You may be having a tight schedule that will prevent you from seeing a dentist. Actually you should visit a dentist after two days of having a toothache, but before then, here are some remedies. The ingredients can be easily gotten at the comfort of your home:
- An onion- Placing a raw onion on the tooth that aches helps to relieve the pain. The piece of onion kills the germs in and around the tooth that may be causing the pain.
- Whiskey- Soaking a piece of cloth or cotton in whiskey and placing it on the tooth that aches helps to relieve the pain.
- Salty water- Salty water acts as a disinfectant and also reduces inflammation. Rinsing or gargling your mouth with salty water helps to loosen the debris that may be stuck between your teeth. It also ceases the pain.
- Hydrogen peroxide- Just like salty water, hydrogen peroxide also relieves pain and inflammation in the tooth. It also aids in healing bleeding gums, you should rinse your mouth with diluted peroxide.
- Garlic- Crushed garlic cloves should be applied on the affected tooth. The cloves act as a pain reliever to the tooth and also kill the germs around the area.
- Clove oil- Clove oil should be applied on the affected tooth; it contains a component called Eugenol that helps in diminishing the pain.
- Tea bag- Place a wet tea bag on the affected area and leaving it to settle, it helps in relieving the pain and reduces the swelling.
- Olive oil- Olive oil also helps to reduce inflammation. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help in relieving the pain.
The above are just a few remedies that you are supposed to take to relieve your toothache. If they don’t work, you are advised to visit a dentist for further clarifications. When you experience some symptoms like, pus, trouble when breathing or abnormal red gums, you need to visit a dentist as soon as possible.