Originally posted on December 22, 2020 @ 1:20 pm
Aloe Vera is a plant used for treating various health conditions and can be easily grown in our gardens. The gel found in the Aloe Vera is the one that is mostly used, it can be purchased in chemists or pharmacies, but it is best when gotten fresh from the plant. Aloe Vera has been used traditionally and also in the modern life’s to make medicines. The gel or the juice contains vitamins, antioxidants and minerals which give it the properties that we are going to discuss below. Aloe Vera plant can be substituted to be drunk as a juice, it can also be applied to the skin.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA.
- Relieves heartburn- Aloe Vera contains compounds which reduce the risks of gastric ulcers and also relieves heart burn. If you are attacked by heartburn, it is recommended to drink aloe Vera juice.
- Constipation- Most people confuse between heartburn and constipation, Aloe Vera heals both. Taking Aloe Vera juice helps to keep the intestines hydrated by increasing the water content in them. This then helps to relieve constipation because when hydrated the body passes stool normally.
- Hair and skin- Aloe Vera helps to smoothen the skin and keeps it moisturized; we had looked at this in our last article of home remedies of acne. Applying Aloe Vera gel on the affected skin helps to keep it moisturized and reduces the acnes, also preventing dry skin. It is also used as an ingredient in many hair preparation’s as well as keeping the hair away from dandruffs.
- Boosts immunity- Drinking Aloe Vera juice helps in boosting the body’s immunity. It is advised to drink Aloe Vera juice on an empty stomach after diluting it with water.
- Relieves anal fissures-When you apply Aloe Vera gel on the area with fissures a couple of times during the day, helps to relieve the anal fissures.
- Vitamins and minerals- As stated above, Aloe Vera contains vitamins and minerals which are healthy and required by our bodies. The vitamins contained in the Aloe Vera juice contain all the healing properties and also those for boosting our immunity.
- Hormonal problems- Drinking Aloe Vera juice helps in balancing the hormonal problems present; thus it is highly recommended.
- Heals wounds- Applying Aloe Vera gel on a wound accelerates its healing because it contains antibiotic and antiseptic properties. The Aloe Vera gel treats all kinds of wounds including burns and sunburns.
- Reduces chances of getting wrinkles- Drinking Aloe Vera gel increases the amount of collagen produced thus improving the skin elasticity.
- Diabetes- People who have diabetes are highly recommended to drink Aloe Vera juice because it lowers their blood sugars.
We can conclude that Aloe Vera has a lot of therapeutic properties in our bodies. The above listed health benefits are just a few of the many benefits that Aloe Vera juice and gel have. However, it is always right to seek help from a doctor before using the Aloe Vera products. The products can be gotten from shops if the plant is not available at home.