Originally posted on June 29, 2020 @ 5:26 pm
REMEDIES OF A MIGRAINE.
A migraine is basically a headache only that it involves severe recurring headaches accompanied by other symptoms. A migraine occurs in stages and can even last for days. To some people, migraines occur regularly, whereas to others they may last for a while without occurring. In this article, I’m going to look at different ways in which we can reduce a migraine when it occurs. Before that, let us look at the causes;
WHAT CAUSES A MIGRAINE?
A migraine may be caused by any of the following:
- Hormonal changes- Hormonal changes here refer to females, especially on their menstrual period or are in between the days; it may be very easy to have a migraine.
- Medication- Some drugs when consumed may cause a migraine as one of the side effects. Contraceptives also may cause a migraine.
- Dehydration- When the body is dehydrated; the chances of having a migraine are very high.
- A poor siting posture may also cause a migraine.
- Change in diet- A diet change may also cause a migraine; there are some foods that when consumed, they cause a migraine. Here are the common foods and drinks that may cause a migraine
- Caffeinated beverages.
- Processed foods.
SYMPTOMS OF A MIGRAINE.
The following are some symptoms of a migraine:
- Visual changes.
- Sensitivity to sound, light and strong smell.
REMEDIES OF A MIGRAINE.
- Magnesium- Magnesium is an essential mineral in the body. When having a migraine magnesium is advised because it reduces the chances of another migraine occurring. However, magnesium intake should be directed by a doctor.
- Lavender oil- When having a migraine, you should try and inhale Lavender oil; it reduces the migraine.
- Ginger- Ginger is an everyday remedy. Consuming ginger eases the pain; you can consume it in form of tea or the powder.
- Yoga- Yoga reduces muscle tension and improves the flow of blood in the body. Engaging I yoga and stretching helps to relieve the migraine and its symptoms.
- Water- Dehydration being one of the main causes of a migraine means that when hydrated, the chances of getting one are minimal. Drinking water should be a daily routine, make sure that you have a timetable on the times you should drink the water. Make sure that at the end of the day, you’ll have consumed at least 8 glasses of water. With this, the chances of getting a migraine will be reduced.
- Acupuncture- Research shows that acupuncture is an effective way of treating migraines. However, people who choose to use acupuncture as a method of treating migraines ought to find a licensed practitioner for treatment.
There are very many remedies that can be used to treat headaches while at home. The ones listed above are just a few of the many ways that can be used. If the migraine is too tough and one that you can no longer handle, it is then advised to visit a doctor for treatment.